Daily Insight for November 27, 2018
“Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,
but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers.” (Psalms 1:1-3)
There are numerous books written about the subject of how one can be successful in life. It is a fascinating topic, especially for young people. Keep in mind, the books you get from bookstores or online, are written by people just like you and I. Of course, some of those books could help you to a certain extent.
However, if you genuinely want to be successful and happy in life, listen to what God, your creator says about the topic. Read the manufacturer’s manual-the Bible. Our today’s insights give us the secret to success in life. People’s ideas and opinions would change over time. Do you know what, there is only one book that will never change? The voice of God, God-breathed, the word of God, the Bible.
Do you want to know the secrets of success and happiness that creator God provides? Are you ready? Follow the three negative and one positive statement and then read God’s promise. No matter what happens, you will end up succeeding with divine favor on you.
Three negative steps:
• Do not walk in step with the wicked people. Do you know a person is immoral or evil in his talks and actions? Then do not follow their advice and do not walk with him.
• Do not stand in the way that sinners take. Avoid the high-way that sinners take. Do not go to his or her path and stand there. Show no interest to the ways of sinners.
• Do not sit in the company of mockers. Some people mock and laugh at the truth. Please do not go and sit with them or join them.
One positive step.
• Delight and meditate on the law of the Lord – the Bible. The Bible is the Word of God, the eternal truth that liberates and gives you freedom from various addictions and slaveries. It gives you the whole truth. It counsels, comforts, directs and confirms your steps and decisions. Read the Bible day and night does not necessarily mean you read all the time and do not do anything else. Spend as much time possible. Morning and evening devotion times are good for those work during the day. If both morning and evening are not possible, mark on your calendar a scheduled time. Meditation means- read and then think about what you read. Ask God to help you understand what you read. Then apply the principles you learned in your day to day life. You will be marveled at the progress God would do in our life.
God’s guarantee if you do the above steps- His promise:
1. You will be a like a tree planted by streams of water. Such trees are thick, strong, look blessed and happy than the other trees planted in dry places.
2. You will produce the fruit in its season- on-time fruits and no scarcity or lack of fruits
3. Your leaves will not wither. Instead you will be pleasant to look at. Beautiful, colorful and strong leaves
4. I love this last one. God promises whatever you do, you prosper. God will bring prosperity to you. Whatever you do. It does not matter what you do. God’s money back guaranty is on it.
Got a moment for today’s prayer? “Father in heaven, I commit to read and meditate the Word of God- the Bible every day. Please help me to do this on a going basis every single day. I will not walk in the paths of the wicked. I will not stand in the way of sinners. I will not sit with people who laugh at the truth of God. I know you would bless me when I do these things. Bless me Lord and guide me every day. In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray.” Amen.