Reflect and recount the provisions of God in the past.
- In Isaiah 46:9, God says, “Remember the things I have done in the past, For I am God; I am God and there is none like Me.”
- 1st Samuel 17:36, “The LORD Who saved me from the foot of the lion and from the foot of the bear, will save me from the hand of this Philistine.” (New Living Translation).
- God is asking you to remember the past deliverances.
- Remember how God came through in your life when you had hurting and unpleasant events happened.
- Reflect God’s provisions, deliverances in the past in your tough times-lawsuits, people throwing stones at you, desertion, death, accusations etc..etc.
- Recollection of the past memories of God’s provisions, prepare you to face the current and future painful circumstances.
- Read the detailed descriptions about this giant Goliath in 1st Samuel 17:4-11. The king, Saul, and all Israel, were dismayed and greatly afraid at his appearance and challenges.
- When David said to the king Saul said he would kill Goliath by himself, Saul replied that he won’t be able to do it. In fact his brothers also discounted him and they discouraged him from the task of facing Goliath.
- However, David seems to have no fear at all, because he had very high confidence in the LORD and in his past victories, the Lord granted him.
- He recollected and remembered the times when the LORD delivered him supernaturally. He said, because I am shepherd by profession, God enabled me to kill a bear and a lion when they came take my lamb from the flock. He clearly remembered the incident when he went after them and killed them and saved his lamb.
- Then he said to Saul “your servant has killed both the lion and the bear, and this uncircumcised Philistine (Goliath) will be like one of them (refer 1 Samuel 17:34-36). He said in verse 37, “The Lord who delivered me from the feet of the lion and and from the feet of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of the Philistine.”
- Are you facing hard times now?
- Do you think there is no way out from your troubles?
- Memory and reflection of the past- the memories of the green pastures the good Lord led you in the past, is needed in the darkest times of your life.
- In Isaiah 46:8 God says, “Remember this, and be assured; Recall it to mind”. God is asking you to remember His provisions and deliverances in the past.
- “What is the Goliath or giant you facing today?
- Keep in mind, remembering the past victories given by the Lord is extremely important, if you are going to survive the current or next trials.
- You will come out of this trial also by the delivering powerful hand of the Lord. Seek Him now.
Prayer: If you don’t know personally the God of the Bible, pray with me like this. You can connect with God of the Bible today with a small prayer.
God, I come to you today in the name of Jesus Christ. I give my worries and burdens to you. First of all, I accept Jesus Christ, as my savior and Lord. I believe Jesus Christ died for my sins and rose again. Please come to my heart and save me. I know your supernatural favor and power is enough in my troubles and I seek your help. Thank you hearing me. Amen.
If you are already believer, Pray with me like this.
God my Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus Christ. Thank you for the salvation and eternal life you already gave to me. I know my future is safe in your hand. Please help me in my struggles and painful circumstances. (now describe your trials to the Lord one by one). I trust you Lord and I know you helped me in my past trials. (List the past events when the Lord delivered you). I need your help again. Please help me. Amen.
If you want to pray for you, please go to the contact/prayer page and send me a note. A group of people will pray for you. We will be privileged to stand with you in your difficulties and intercede in prayer for you.